About Me

My photo
United States
My name is Elizabeth and I am an avid crafter. I have been making and selling my handcrafted jewelry for the past 8 years. In 2010 I rediscovered my interest in scrapbooking. I work full time in the banking field, mother to 2 beautiful girls and a wife to an awesome husband that provides support to my crafting needs. I am looking forward to sharing with you my creations and I hope you find inspiration from them.

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Dress Form Stick Pin Cushion

Hello my beautiful friends,

Today I would like to share with you a project I had mentioned to you all in my last post where I had said I used my sewing machine. The project in question is a beautiful dress form stick pin cushion I had sewn using the Fabric Quarters  that you can get at JoAnn's and a pattern I found through YouTube (I will post the links below). I had made it for my swap partner Ana Llanes on YouTube. We were to make a stick pin cushion and 15 stick pins. Here is a picture of the finished cushion....


I just love it! Yellow is Ana's favorite color so I had to be sure to use that color for this project. If you click on the photo to enlarge you will see that the fabric has a beautiful pattern. I took advantage of  the pattern to add small pearls and acrylic rhinestone in the center of the design. I also used trims from my stash. She has an adorable flower on her that I made and I gave her a pearl necklace with a cameo pendant. I had added rhinestone chain around the cameo. She stands tall on a glass candle stick holder I had purchased from the Dollar Tree and on her neck there is an acrylic door pull I had picked up in the $2 bin at Michael's. She was pretty easy to make so I can't wait to make more in other colors.

Here are the links....

Dress Form Pattern:
http://www.thediydish.com/promo/theDIYdish_Season4_Episode1_dressformpincushion.pdf
Dress Form Tutorial:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-V9qmKE9wN4

Want to see the stick pins? Click on the video link below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2ds75xhGP4

Thanks for visiting!
~Elizabeth

2 comments:

  1. Truly beautiful. I was wondering since I don't sew would the fabric fusion glue work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth, this is too cute!

    ReplyDelete